Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 1

Well, today's the day! And I've pretty much thought of everything I'll need in China (but there's probably something massive that I"ll remember I've forgotten half way over the Pacific Ocean).  I've tried to pack sort of light, but mostly only so I could fill the extra space in my suitcases with granola bars, trailmix and peanut butter just in case.  First picture of the trip:
(Note the strategic placement of the Nature Valley granola bars)
So I leave the Salt Lake airport this morning at 11:30 am and fly to Portland.  Then I fly from Portland to Tokyo (11 hours) and then from Tokyo to Shanghai which is about an hour and a half.  I arrive in Shanghai on Friday night and will then attempt to get to my hotel in the financial district of Shanghai.  Fortunately, I don't start working at my internship until next Thursday because of the Dragon Boat Festival going on Monday-Wednesday, and I plan on doing some pretty awesome sightseeing in the mean time.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. good luck!! when you are feeling homesick...just look for those golden arches...haha love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch, they're going to steal all you food. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW EXCITING, Maggie! We hope you have an awesome experience--it will certainly be amazing. Can't wait to hear/see more! I suppose you're just getting settled at your hotel about now!

    ReplyDelete