Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 67 (Two Days Left): Ode to Privos


Ode to Privos

To my black “dress” shoes,
You walked a mile to work every day
Through mud and rain and pints of sweat;
You made me feel older and indirectly confirmed that beauty is pain.
Remember when I betrayed you for those feminine high heels?
You never even said “I told you so”.
You were the grandma I couldn’t bring to Shanghai.
Every traveler deserves someone like you.

To my brown “everyday” shoes,
There’s really nothing “everyday” about you.
If I had one pair of shoes on a desert island, I would choose you.
You toughened up my heels like no other shoe has,
You’re worth much more than 70 dollars to me.
From the fake market to Yan’an and from Expo to the Yellow River,
All our trekking was your equivalent of a mile-long warm up run.
I just gave you five stars on Amazon.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment