Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 22 Pictures

So work today was pretty lousy, and I’d rather not relive it, so instead I thought I’d share some of the pictures that I’ve taken in the past few weeks.
These cute little Chinese ballroom dancers never get old. Every time we see any I have to stop and take a picture because they’re just so cute!




This is one of the bridges at Beihai Park in Beijing, an imperial palace/garden place. Very Chinese looking.




This was one of two contraband pictures taken in the Buddhist temple last Sunday. The temple sort of forms a courtyard so in this picture you can only see 1/4th of the temple.





This is a moderately crowded subway. I got some nasty looks for taking this picture, but hey, people take pictures of me all the time, so I felt fine about it. Notice how there are no other white people.





Hahaha, anyone looking for Chinese husbands? Three worthy candidates being displayed at People’s Park.





Another picture of the Bund at night- I just love how these buildings are lit up. I’m not sure exactly what they are used for, but they kind of show how much European influence is in Shanghai.




Evan and James playing badminton- this was when we went with our coworker, Fred, and were very sore the next day.





John, the program director and a good friend, and me at the Great Wall in Beijing.




Store front in Beijing.




Some of the animals being sold at the “Pet” or “Chinese delicacies” market- these little frogs are possibly the most adorable things ever.





Part of the Shanghai skyline from the back.





Yongda International Tower, where the LDS church meets in Shanghai.

1 comment:

  1. The idea is that they eat these frogs, right? not so cute when they're in your soup.

    ReplyDelete