Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Days 46-48 Oops

Can you believe that I’ve been too busy to blog? It may or may not be true, but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Here’s a quick update of the past few days.

Sunday (46): Went to church, learned about the Shanghai Call Center (call and as/get answers to all your Shanghai-related questions in English!), was given a fork at my dumpling restaurant, had a romantic (?) walk along the Dongchang Riverside Garden, watched too much of the TV show House and was pretty sure I had all the same symptoms as the dying patient.

Monday (47): Got sweaty on the way to work, got the master schedule for our program field trip which is next week, worried about being motion sick for the entirety of next week, survived another Monday office meeting with minimal childish distractions, tried on my custom-made suit and perfected my charades game with the nice tailor, ate a delicious piece of cheesecake.

Tuesday (48): Slept in for an hour, was recognized by my favorite worker at my neighborhood bao zi stand, visited Mr. Peter Alexander of Z-Ben Advisors with my coworkers for a consultation on international expansion strategies, took notes at said meeting and was praised for my thoroughness (woot woot), took a ridiculous cab ride that got us pretty much nowhere, ate Coldstone Ice cream, attempted to explain some of the oddities of Mormon culture, practiced the piano in French Concession, ate XinJiang street food for dinner, missed the last metro train by probably three minutes, took a second ridiculous cab ride, ate baby panda biscuits for dessert (is anyone else wondering about my diet here? I know I am.)

No comments:

Post a Comment